Synopses & Reviews
Will this bad boy make it to the altar?
It takes a very special woman to catch a Chandler man...
Meet the Chandlers-a trio of sexy brothers and the most eligible men in town...until their mother falls ill. As her three sons gather at her side, she makes two desperate demands: "Get married! Give me grandchildren!"
Foreign correspondent Roman Chandler has always prized his freedom above all else. Now losing a coin toss has sealed this youngest brother's fate. Finding someone to escort down the aisle is the easy part-every wannabe bride in sleepy Yorkshire Falls is itching to get hitched to this gorgeous, globe-trotting Chandler man. But Roman still lusts after the woman who got away. Stunning heartbreaker Charlotte Bronson has come home to put down roots and get her erotic lingerie business off the ground. She wants a man who won't go chasing off to the far corners of the earth for a breaking news story. He wants her to say "I do."
Will she -- or won't she? Can the love of the right woman transform a go-it-alone guy into a stick-around-forever kind of man?
Kicking off a new three-part series, this title introduces the Chandlers, a trio of sexy brothers whose dying mother demands they get married and have children. Foreign correspondent Roman Chandler prizes his freedom, but losing a coin toss seals his fate. Then Roman is reunited with the woman who got away: Charlotte Bronson, who returns to Yorkshire Falls to put down roots and get her lingerie business off the ground. (July)
About the Author
Award winning author of over 15 novels, Carly Phillips gave up a career as an attorney to pursue her dream of writing romance. While still licensed to practice law in both New York and Connecticut, these days she prefers to pen stories so hot, they should be illegal without oven mitts. She has appeared several times on the Waldenbooks Bestseller list, been nominated for various Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Awards and garnered wins including the SARA Rising Star Award for Best Short Contemporary, and Booksellers Best Award.
Reading Group Guide
- When do Roman's fears, about Charlotte's agenda meshing with his career,
change? What clues him in to her secret dreams?
- What connections does the crocheting inspire in the story?
- What do you think about Charlotte's relationship to her mother?
- What core family values exist in the Chandler household? In what circumstances
do these values become a strength or a weakness?
- What traits contribute to the famous Chandler charm?
- How does Roman propose? What was your opinion of the proposal?
- What was the most sensual thing Roman or Charlotte did during this story?
- What reaction do the women have to the news of the Panty Pirate? What is
your opinion of their reaction?
- What is your opinion of Raina's deception of her sons?
- Was leaving his brothers to discover her deception themselves fair? Why
or why not?