Synopses & Reviews
In the magazine world, no recognition is more highly coveted than an "Ellie," presented by the American Society of Magazine Editors. Selected from thousands of submissions, the pieces in this anthology represent the very best of those outstanding works by some of the most eminent writers in America:
- Laura Hillenbrand (Seabiscuit) on living and creating with chronic fatigue syndrome
- Dave Eggers (A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius) on love and surfing
- Mark Bowden (Black Hawk Down) on modern torture and the "landscape of persuasion"
- Seymour M. Hersh (Chain of Command) on the "selective intelligence" used by the White House to justify the war in Iraq
- Calvin Trillin (The Tummy Trilogy) on his favorite force of nature, the newsman R. W. Apple, Jr.
- Tucker Carlson (CNN's Crossfire), the "whitest man in America," on a peace mission with Rev. Al Sharpton
- And many more!
About the Author
The American Society of Magazine Editors is the professional organization for editors of consumer magazines and business publications that are edited, published and sold in the United States. It sponsors the National Magazine Awards in assosciation with the Columbia University School of Journalism.