Synopses & Reviews
The Book of Great Breakfasts and Brunches Terence Janericco This book presents many exciting, delicious, and interesting dishes for breakfasts and brunches besides giving delightful suggestions on how and when to entertain early in the day. In response to growing concerns about nutrition, The Book of Great Breakfasts and Brunches provides a host of healthy meals as well as traditional favorites. It includes convenient arrangement of chapters and foods within the chapters and gives recipes and tips on how to prepare them simply and quickly. The selections include quick early-in-the-day offerings like coffee and a roll as well as leisurely Sunday or holiday celebrations. The brunch choices offer a variety of fare from pasta to meat dishes, appetizers to one-dish meals, and range from the sybaritic Eggs Benedict to a diet-conscious but delectable baked cod with tomatoes. The author provides recipes for:
- Basic sauces and preparationsWith ideas on how to enhance the flavor of many dishes
- AppetizersFeatures recipes to gently awaken the taste buds or get you started with a burst of energy
- BeveragesHealthy non-alcoholic alternatives allow you to suit the needs of all your guests, not just those Bloody Mary and Mimosa mavens
- Breads and muffinsA masterful selection of easily made doughnuts, coffee cakes, pastries, and muffins to enjoy with a meal or alone
- Pancakes and wafflesDozens of ideas from flavored butters to non-fat toppings and luscious syrups help you create an extraordinary palette of flavors
- Quiches and crêpesCreative ways to use fresh foods and leftovers to make exciting, low cost offerings
Mr. Janericco clears up much of the misinformation about healthy eating and shows how a balanced diet can not only include fat-free syrups and fruits, but can also allow you to enjoy guilt-free the traditional offerings including eggs and quiche. The theme of The Book of Great Breakfasts and Brunches is how to prepare innovative and delicious meals to please the most demanding palates. The range of exciting meals will appeal to the professional chef and the home cook.
This book presents many exciting, delicious, and interesting dishes for breakfasts and brunches besides giving delightful suggestions on how and when to entertain early in the day. In response to growing concerns about nutrition, The Book of Great Breakfasts and Brunches provides a host of healthy meals as well as traditional favorites.
About the Author
<bTERENCE JANERICCO is a Boston-based caterer, cooking instructor, and food writer. He owns the Terence Janericco Cooking Classes, and teaches at Newbury College in Boston. Among his works are Soups for the Professional Chef, The Book of Great Hors d'Oeuvre, and Vegetable Cookery.
Table of Contents
Biscuits, Doughnuts, Muffins, and Other Quick Breads.
Yeast Breads, Coffee Cakes, and Pastries.
Crepes, Pancakes, and Waffles.
Vegetables and Pasta.
Basic Sauces and Preparations.