Synopses & Reviews
For students with lower GPAs but high ambitions, The "C" Students Guide to Scholarships
offers creative ways to win scholarships and grants usually considered only for "straight-A" students. For the great majority of high school students who think they have neither the grades nor the money for college, this is the perfect guide to help them win potential scholarships, grants, and prizes.
- Tips and techniques to apply for thousands of dollars in scholarships and grants
- Personal testimonials from "C" students who found their way to success
- Application Dos and Don'ts with sample application request letters
- Advice on requesting letters of recommendation and working with recommenders
- Strategies for writing an awesome essay
- Guidance on answering tough interview questions
- Helpful index of scholarship and grant Web resources
About the Author
Felecia Hatcher is a former "C" student who won scholarships and grants totaling over $130,000 in free money for college. Her guidance and advice have helped hundreds of students gain access to scholarships and grants. Hatcher is a successful entrepreneur, writer, and motivational speaker who has been featured in Essence Magazine's "Black Women's Guide to Funding Your Education" as well as in Entrepreneur, The Boston Globe, The Miami Herald, and Black Enterprise Magazine.