Synopses & Reviews
New research shows that abnormal inflammation may be linked to a variety of diseases and conditions. In this book, you will find what diseases and conditions are caused by inflammation, which foods reduce inflammation and which foods contribute to inflammation, and how to tweak today’s diets to make them anti-inflammatory.
- Over 60 million Americans suffer from cardiovascular disease and over 20 million Americans suffer from asthma - two conditions thought too be affected, if not caused, by inflammation
- Many Newsweek articles have been dedicated to this topic, including "Quieting a Body's Defenses," by Anne Underwood, in 2005
- New York Times best-selling author Andrew Weil dedicated a portion of his new book, Healthy Aging, to a discussion of inflammation, its role in diseases, and the use of diet to control it
A fully updated and expanded edition of a weight loss program that readers can count on.
This fully updated and expanded edition clearly explains just how and why a glycemic index diet works by showing readers how to eat the right kind of foods-more complex carbohydrates, fiber, grains, and fruit.
?The glycemic index diet is a solution for many people at risk for Type II diabetes or those with insulin-sensitivity or resistance
?Includes information on supplements, easy recipes, food lists, and sample meal plans
?Includes an appendix with glycemic index counts and loads for all sorts of food
?Features a new study on how eating certain foods cold can make a big difference
Cook these recipes up?and keep blood sugar down.
With over 325 delicious and healthy recipes, The Complete Idiot?s Guide® to the Glycemic Index Cookbook is an invaluable reference for choosing foods according to their GI?a system of classifying carbohydrate-based foods by how much they raise blood sugar. Diabetes, insulin resistance, heart disease, and obesity may be avoided by following the glycemic index. Practical and easy to use, this is the one cookbook anyone concerned with their blood sugar will want to have in the kitchen.
·More than 325 recipes ·Includes both the GI value and a GL (glycemic load) rating for each recipe ·18 million people in the U.S. have type 2 diabetes and the number is growing
Delicious recipes for the low-carb cook.
Today’s most popular diets rely on cutting down on carbs, but most cooks have difficulty finding scrumptious low-carb alternatives. Enter cookbook authors Lucy Beale and Sandy Couvillon—with more than 330 mouth-watering recipes for the diehard dieter that will appeal to the whole family and are easy to make.
• Includes meal-planning information and charts
• Provides important nutritional information
• Atkins is still the most popular diet on the market today
• Authors of the strong-selling The Complete Idiot’s Guide® to Weight Loss
• Just in time for diet season
About the Author
Lucy Beale is creator of the bestselling CD and speaking series Be Thin in Body, Mind & Spirit. She’s the author of several books, including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Low Carb Meals, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals, and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Glycemic Index Weight