Synopses & Reviews
The Da Vinci Code Illustrated Screenplay
goes behind the scenes of one of the most highly anticipated movies of all time, created by Academy Award®–winning filmmakers Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, and Akiva Goldsman. Offering unprecedented access to the tightly guarded “closed set,” and a view of the filmmaking process that has never been seen publicly, screenwriter Goldsman provides a backstage look at the incredible journey to bring Dan Browns record-setting novel to the big screen. Goldsmans richly rendered screenplay is included here in its entirety. It offers a fascinating new way to experience the storyand includes a number of moments (and even full scenes) that do not appear in the final cut of the movie.
Lavishly illustrated with 275 images of the actors and filmmakersfrom both the movie set and the film itselfthis behind-the-scenes features include:
• Filming in the Louvre in the dead of night, and re-creating a 400-foot section of the museums Grand Gallery on a soundstagedown to the precise architectural details, and complete with 120 oil-painting masterpieces
• The full digital and soundstage re-creation of the Church of Saint-Sulpice
• The transformation of Lincolnshires Lincoln Cathedral into Londons Westminster Abbey, and the reproduction of Sir Isaac Newtons enormous tomb
• Handwritten notes on pages from Ron Howards script
• The evolution of script dialogue as it progressed from an early draft of the screenplay to final shooting form
• Dozens of never-before-seen storyboards that were used to block out scenes before filming commenced
For any fan of the filmmaking process, and of the extraordinary movie and novel, this exquisitely produced book will be an invaluable companion.
About the Author
AKIVA GOLDSMAN received the 2001 Academy Award®, Golden Globe , and Writers Guild Award for A Beautiful Mind. Goldsmans credits include The Client, Batman Forever, A Time to Kill, Practical Magic, I, Robot, and Cinderella Man. His Weed Road Pictures has produced such films as Deep Blue Sea, Starsky & Hutch, Constantine, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Born in Brooklyn Heights, New York, Goldsman graduated from Wesleyan University and attended the graduate program in creative writing at New York University. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Rebecca, and their dog, Fizz.