Synopses & Reviews
Kids are eager to learn how to help protect the environment and preserve the Earth. This fun guide shows them how to reduce waste, recycle materials, protect plant and animals, and more. Filled with 30 eco-friendly activities and puzzles. Illustrations.
You Can Help Our Earth Live Longer
Everything we do has an impact on the world around us--from the clothes we wear and food we eat to the gardens we grow and the trash we throw away. And to take the best care of the earth--and ourselves--it's important to make smart choices. With The Everything Kids' Environment Book, you'll find out what you can do every day to help protect our planet. You'll also learn why the rainforest is so important to us, how animals go extinct, and what environmentalists can tell us about taking good care of our world.
Learn how to "go green" and to:
- Find new uses for recycled grocery bags.
- Create your own greenhouse.
- Make acid rain--safely --to see how it affect plants.
- Test organic food against foods grown with chemicals.
- Make your own compost pile.
- Re-create deforestation with the soil from timbered trees.
- Test your sensitivity to noise.
Whether you are in the classroom, surfing the Internet, or just hanging out with your friends, you can make a difference. Start today--so our Earth can live another 4.5 billion years