Synopses & Reviews
Despite the length of time it has been around, its importance, and vast amounts of research, combustion is still far from being completely understood. Environmental, cost, and fuel consumption issues add further complexity, particularly in the process and power generation industries. Dedicated to advancing the art and science of industrial combustion, The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume One Fundamentals gives you a strong understanding of the basic concepts and theory.
Under the leadership of Charles E. Baukal, Jr., top combustion engineers and technologists from John Zink Hamworthy Combustion examine the interdisciplinary fundamentals including chemistry, fluid flow, and heat transfer as they apply to industrial combustion.
What s New in This Edition
- Expanded to three volumes, with Volume One focusing on fundamentals
- Extensive updates and revisions throughout
- Updated information on HPI/CPI industries, including alternative fuels, advanced refining techniques, emissions standards, and new technologies
- Expanded coverage of the physical and chemical principles of combustion
- New practices in coal combustion, such as gasification
- The latest developments in cold-flow modeling, CFD-based modeling, and mathematical modeling
- Greater coverage of pollution emissions and NOx reduction techniques
- New material on combustion diagnostics, testing, and training
- More property data useful for the design and operation of combustion equipment
- Coverage of technologies such as metallurgy, refractories, blowers, and vapor control equipment
Now expanded to three volumes, the second edition of the bestselling The John Zink Combustion Handbook continues to provide the comprehensive coverage, up-to-date information, and visual presentation that made the first edition an industry standard. Featuring color illustrations and photographs throughout, Volume One: Fundamentals helps you broaden your understanding of industrial combustion to better meet the challenges of this field.
For the other volumes in the set, see The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Three-Volume Set.