Synopses & Reviews
For anyone who wants to delve deeper into Rob Bells bestselling Love Wins, the expansive and accessible Love Wins Companion offers scholarly support and critiques, resources for individuals, groups, and classes, and brand new material by Rob Bell himself. As Love Wins continues to become a touchstone for thousands of readers worldwide, controversy surrounds the books arguments. Author Brian D. McClaren wrote that with Love Wins “thousands of readers will find freedom and hope and a new way of understanding the biblical story," yet USA Today observed that “Bell has stuck a pitchfork in how Christians talk about damnation." Here, in The Love Wins Companion, Rob Bell offers commentary on the positive and negative attention his groundbreaking book is receiving, delivering a crucial supplement to one of the most talked-about books in recent memory.
For those looking to go deeper with Rob Bells bestselling pioneering book Love Wins
, this companion offers:
- Insights and commentary by theologians, Bible scholars, scientists, and pastors
- Deep analysis of all relevant Bible passages on heaven, hell, and salvation
- Detailed chapter summaries, discussion questions, and Bible studies for individuals, groups, and classes
- Excerpts from works throughout Christian history illustrating the variety of teachers also debating the issues Bell wrestles with
- New material by Bell on his mission for the book and how people can take the next step
About the Author
Rob Bell is the author of the bestselling Velvet Elvis, Sex God, Jesus Wants to Save Christians, and Drops Like Stars. A graduate of Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, and Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, Bell is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and appeared in a pioneering series of short films called Nooma. He lives in Southern California with his wife, Kristen, and their three children.