Synopses & Reviews
Join the Mysterious Benedict Society as Reynie, Kate, Sticky, and Constance embark on a daring new adventure that threatens to force them apart from their families, friends, and even each other. When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, the foursome must unravel clues relating to a nefarious new plot, while their search for answers brings them closer to danger than ever before.
Filled with page-turning action and mind-bending brain teasers, this wildly inventive journey is sure to delight.
Praise for The Mysterious Benedict Society:
-A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
-Winner of the E.B. White Read Aloud Award
-A Top 10 Children's Book Sense Pick
-An ALA Notable Book
-A Today show Al's Book Club for Kids Pick
- A Booklist "Top Ten Youth Science Fiction and Fantasy" Title
- A VOYA 2007 Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers
- Received critical praise, including four starred reviews
Praise for The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey:
* A rip-roaring adventure with plenty of clever twists and hair's-breadth escapes... [and] a warm and satisfying tale about friendship." - School Library Journal (starred review)
- "With first-rate brainteasers, interludes of physical danger, and the children's own complex dynamics... [readers] will find this sequel a worthy successor." - Horn Book
- "This classic struggle of good versus evil also includes the many layers in between." - VOYA
- "Entertainingly quirky..." - Kirkus
When an unexplained blackout engulfs Stonetown, Reynis, Kate, Sticky, and Constance must unravel clues relating to a nefarious new plot, while their search for answers brings them closer to danger than ever before. Illustrations.
About the Author
Trenton Lee Stewart is the author of the New York Times
bestselling Mysterious Benedict Society series as well as Flood Summer
, a novel for adults. He lives in Arkansas
with his wife and two sons.
Diana Sudyka received a Masters of Fine Art from Northwestern University. She lives and works in Chicago as an artist.