Synopses & Reviews
For the beginner or the devotee—it's everything the classical music buff needs to know.
- The major composers from Bach and Bartok to Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky
- Significant performers from Maurice Andre and Leornard Bernstein to Georg Solti and Yo Yo Ma
- The landmark works from Appalachian Spring to Don Juan
- A concise history of classical music
- A deconstruction of the art form
- The language of classical music
- Valuable resources for the Curious Listener
The major composers from Bach and Bartok to Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky are listed here along with a concise history of classical music, a deconstruction of the art form, and a definition of the language of classical music.
About the Author
Tim Smith is currently the music critic for the Baltimore Sun. He has written music criticism and other articles for the Washington Post, Washington Star, The New York Times, BBC Music Magazine, Chamber Music America, and others.