Synopses & Reviews
This book is recognized as the standard reference manual for the REXX Programming Language, much as Kernighan and Ritchie is recognized as the standard reference book for the C Programming Language.
Table of Contents
I. BACKGROUND. 1. What Kind of a Language is REXX?
2. Summary of the REXX Language.
3. Fundamental Language Concepts.
4. Design Principles.
II. REXX LANGUAGE DEFINITION. 1. Characters and Encodings.
2. Structure and General Syntax.
3. Expressions and Operators.
4. Clauses and Instructions.
5. Assignments and Variables.
6. Commands to External Environments.
7. Keyword Instructions.
8. Function Calls.
9. Built-in Functions.
10. Parsing for ARG, PARSE, and PULL.
11. Numbers and Arithmetic.
12. Input and Output Streams.
13. Conditions and Condition Traps.
14. Interactive Tracing.
15. Reserved Keywords and Language Extendibility.
16. Special Variables.
17. Error Numbers and Messages.