Synopses & Reviews
From Dr. Leslie Baumann, a world-renowned dermatologist, comes a program thats revolutionizing the way people everywhere think about–and shop for–skin care. Now you can identify and buy the products that are right for your true skin type. Answer the Baumann questionnaire inside this book and within minutes you can learn…
As everyone knows, all skin is not created equal. But whereas previous books identified only four basic skin types, through her cutting-edge clinical research in Miami Beach, Dr. Leslie Baumann discovered that there are actually sixteen distinctly different skin types–each with unique needs all its own. But caring for your skin doesnt have to be complicated. As Director of Cosmetic Dermatology at the Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami, Dr. Baumann has tested her program on thousands of patients, developing a system that is already transforming dermatology. Now her proven program is available to you. Youll discover:
• Your personal skin type profile detailing exactly what will work–and what wont–for your unique complexion
• An extensive product guide to name brands suited to every skin type and budget, including cleansers, moisturizers, toners, sun blocks, foundations, and much more
• Natural health and dietary advice for beautiful skin
• Tips on preventing skin aging and “problem” skin
• The latest information on the new world of prescription products, facials, chemical peels, Retin-A, Botox, and collagen injections
So take the questionnaire, discover your type, and find the products you need to look like a million bucks without spending a fortune. With this book in hand, youll save time, money–and something even more valuable: your skin.
From the Hardcover edition.
A dermatologist introduces a ground-breaking new program designed to help readers identify their individual skin types from among sixteen different categories and select the right products, procedures, and skin-care regimen to suit their needs, accompanied by an up-to-date product guide to cleansers, toners, moisturizers, foundations, and more. Reprint.
REVISED AND UPDATED
FORGET EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT WHAT’S GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN—AND LEARN THE TRUTH.
Take the simple questionnaire inside this book and within minutes discover which of the sixteen unique skin types describes your skin, which ingredients to avoid, the skin care brands that are right for you, and your new time- and money-saving regimen. In this revised edition of her classic bestseller, world-renowned Miami Beach dermatologist and researcher Dr. Leslie Baumann helps you shop for the optimal skin care products. She provides detailed lists of recommended products suited to every skin type and budget. Inside you’ll find
• your personal skin type profile detailing exactly what will work—and what won’t—for your unique complexion
• the newest products for healthy, radiant skin—cleansers, moisturizers, toners, sun blocks, foundations, and more
• tips on preventing skin aging and “problem” skin
• vital information on the new world of prescription products, facials, chemical peels, Retin-A, Botox, and Restylane injections
Now you can look like a million bucks without spending a fortune. This book is almost as good as having Dr. Baumann give you a personal consultation!
About the Author
Leslie Baumann, M.D. founded the University of Miami, Division of Cosmetic Dermatology in 1997, which was the first university run research center dedicated to issues in cosmetic dermatology and skin care. In addition to The Skin Type Solution, which is a national bestseller, her book, Cosmetic Dermatology (McGraw Hill 2002, 2009) is the bestselling cosmetic dermatology textbook worldwide. Her revolutionary skin typing system has been adopted worldwide.