Synopses & Reviews
Minecraft: These worlds are YOURS!
Minecraft is WAY more than a game: it’s an alternate universe of creation, exhilaration, survival, adventure, passion! Don’t enter that universe alone. Take an experienced guide who’ll help you constantly… from living through your first night, to hosting your own Minecraft server! Stephen O’Brien has been obsessing over Minecraft since its earliest betas. He’s seen it all! Now, he’ll take you deep inside craft and mine, cave and menagerie, farm and village. He’ll reveal combat traps and tricks you need
to know… take you deep inside hidden temples… teach you enchantments of unimaginable power… help you survive where few dare to go… help you OWN the infinite worlds of Minecraft!
Get registered and get started NOW
- Customize your experience: monstrous, peaceful, and more
- Harvest resources, craft tools and shelters—let there be light
- Grab your pickaxe: mine iron, gold, diamonds, and redstone
- Escape (or defeat!) 14 types of hostile mobs
- Get friendly mobs on your side and build automated farms
- Brew potions to cure ills, gain superpowers, and throw at enemies
- Transform your shelter into a palace (or a secret underwater base)
- Create new worlds and master the fine art of terraforming
- Learn the secrets of redstone devices, and build incredible rail systems
- Play safely through The Nether and The End
- Discover mods that will blow your mind
- Run your own LAN games, adventures, and worlds
- Provides complete coverage of the PC and Mac versions
- Tips for using Minecraft on Xbox, iOS and Android
- Bonus downloadable crafting guide available from the publisher's web site
andldquo;Block City is well crafted, thoughtful, and valuable for both veterans of the game and those coming to it for the first time. While not explicitly written for kids, Block City represents an opportunity to bridge the gap between generations by starting conversations.andrdquo;
Minecraft is so much more than just a game: it's a world of creation, exhilaration, survival, and adventure. That's why it's taken off like a rocket, establishing itself as the new massively popular RPG for players of all kinds, of all ages. Now, for the first time, there's a Minecraft guide that can take you all the way from surviving your first night to hosting your own Minecraft server.
The Ultimate Player's Guide to Minecraft will help you become a true Minecraft master, whether you're new to the Minecraft universe, or you've been playing for years.
Step by step, you'll discover how to design incredible buildings, plant fully automated farms, battle zombies, save villages, dig deep into the terrafirma, and transform your Minecraft world. This deeply knowledgeable, fun-to-read guide teaches you all you want to know about:
- Gathering the resources you need to survive and thrive
- Crafting, building, mining, and farming
- Mastering combat and enchantments -- and knowing when and when not to fight
- Trading in the Emerald City
- Playing through to the Nether and the End
- Installing and using mods, texture packs, and third party programs
- Multiplayer Minecraft -- from etiquette and chat to server management
- Building your own Minecraft adventure
- And a whole lot more!
Minecraftandmdash;a humble computer game about placing blocksandmdash;is a global phenomenon that has captured the imagination of more than 36 million players around the world. Often described as a digital version of LEGO, Minecraft offers an open-ended playing field where players design and build environments that others can explore. For many users, the gameandrsquo;s andldquo;creative modeandrdquo; is its most appealing feature: The game is helping to shape a generation of young architects, designers, and artists.
The most impressive and spectacular achievements in Minecraft design are its cities, which range in style from contemporary realism to fantasy, from historical to futuristic. The product of thousands of hours of work by devoted Minecraft players, these virtual places are the envy of millions who aspire to master the skills to create them. Block City presents a collection of amazing Minecraft cities created by masters, with step-by-step tutorials for readers to build structures and features themselves.
About the Author
Stephen O’Brien is an Australian-born writer and entrepreneur currently residing in Sydney after too many years in Silicon Valley. He has previously written 27 books across multiple editions with publishers such as Prentice-Hall and Que, including several best-selling titles.
He also founded Typefi, the world’s leading automated publishing system, and in his spare time he invented a new type of espresso machine called mypressi. He has been playing Minecraft since its earliest days and remains astounded at the unparalleled creativity it engenders.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. Gathering Resources
11. Playing Through
12. Customizing Your Experience
Appendix A. Crafting Recipes