Synopses & Reviews
This classic text explains and applies the basic elements of design and aesthetics for a variety of apparel professionals. Using her own theory of the Apparel-Body-Construct -- the look or appearance of the body, clothing and accessories as a unit the author defines aesthetics in the context of understanding how we perceive dress and our reactions to it.
About the Author
Marilyn Revell Delong is a professor and associate dean for Faculty and Graduate Programs in the College of Human Ecology at the University of Minnesota. Delong is a charter fellow of the International Textile and Apparel Association. She was presented the 2000 Lifetime Achievement in Design and Aesthetics Award by the International Textile and Apparel Association.
Table of Contents
* Your Aesthetic Response
* Perception: Interpretation of Form and Meaning
* Studying the Aesthetic Response
* Observing the Space of the Apparel-Body-Construct
* The Body as a Pre-existing Structure
* Materials of the Apparel-Body-Construct
* Visual Definition Within the Apparel-Body-Construct
* Organising the Apparel-Body-Construct
* Interpreting the Apparel-Body-Construct
* Instructor's Guide provides course outlines, objectives and additional application exercises