Synopses & Reviews
Here, in one essential volume, are the basics of wilderness survival. The most ancient and important skills, preserved for generations, are presented in a simple, easy-to-use format with clear illustrations and instructions. A complete must-have companion to the great outdoors.
* How to build natural shelters in plains, woods, or deserts
* How to get safe drinking water from plants, trees, the sun, or Earth Herself
* How to make fire without matches and maintain it in any weather
* How to find, stalk, kill, and prepare animals for food
* The "big four" edible plants, and hundreds of others useful for both nutrition and medicine
About the Author
Tom Brown, Jr. began to learn hunting and tracking at the age of eight under the tutelage of an Apache elder, medicine man, and scout in Toms River, New Jersey, and is the author of 16 books on nature. Recently, he was the technical advisor on The Hunted, a major motion picture starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro. In 1978, Tom founded the Tracker School in the New Jersey Pine Barrens where he offers more than 25 classes about wilderness survival and environmental protection.