Synopses & Reviews
Transformative Dimensions of Adult Learning describes the dynamics of how adults learn--and how their perceptions are transformed by learning--as a framework for formulating educational theory and practice. It presents an in-depth analysis of the ways in which adults learn, how they make meaning of the learning experience, and how their lives can be transformed by it.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-238) and index.
Table of Contents
1. Making Meaning: The Dynamics of Learning.
2. Meaning Perspectives: How We Understand Experience.
3. Intentional Learning: A Process of Problem Solving.
4. Making Meaning Through Reflection.
5. Distorted Assumptions: Uncovering Errors in Learning.
6. Perspective Transformation: How Learning Leads to Change.
7. Fostering Transformative Adult Learning.