Synopses & Reviews
Optimize the Engineering, Construction, and Management of Any Trenchless Technology Piping Project
Trenchless Technology Piping is the first detailed guide to pipe installation and renewal using trenchless technology methods. This step-by-step resource explains how to create a more efficient design, construction, and inspection process for trenchless technology piping-and shows how to save time and money with a state-of-the-art project management system.
Packed with illustrations and a range of national and international case studies and examples, the book covers proper planning, contracting, and procuring, installing, and inspecting different pipe materials, and includes testing and acceptance methods, project contract and delivery, and safety issues. This cutting-edge engineering tool also contains vital information on quality control and quality assurance (QC/QA) guidelines. Trenchless Technology Piping features:
- Pre-installation, installation, and post-installation requirements
- Detailed coverage of field and laboratory testing
- Proven methods of project delivery and final inspection
- The latest information on asset management and sustainability of pipeline systems
- Effective procedures for project planning and contract administration
Inside This Expert Guide to Trenchless Technology Piping Methods • Trenchless Technology Design Considerations • Project Planning, Contracting, and Delivery Requirements • Pre- and Post-Installation and Inspection Requirements • New Pipe Materials • Project Layout • Project Safety Considerations • Quality Control/Quality Assurance Guidelines
The first detailed guide to the engineering and inspection requirements for piping installation using trenchless technology methods
Trenchless Technology Piping explains how to create a more efficient design, construction, and inspection process for trenchless technology pipingand shows how to save time and money with a better project management system.
Filled with over 100 illustrations and a wide range of international case studies and examples, this step-by-step reference covers design and construction procedures…pipe materials…operation and maintenance… safety issues…inspection guidelines…and contract and delivery requirements. The book also presents a wealth of timely information on asset management and sustainability, quality control and quality assurance, field and laboratory testing, and techniques of visual inspection.
Design, Install, Inspect, and Manage Trenchless Technology Piping Projects
Trenchless Technology Piping offers comprehensive coverage of pipe installation, renewal, and replacement using trenchless technology methods. This step-by-step resource explains how to implement efficient design, construction, and inspection processes and shows how to save time and money with a state-of-the-art project management system.
Packed with detailed illustrations, the book surveys the wide variety of trenchless technologies available and discusses the recommended applications for each. This cutting-edge engineering tool also contains vital information on contracting, project delivery, safety, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Trenchless technology methods for new pipe installations and old pipe linings and replacements
- Pipeline planning and design
- Pipe behavior under soil and traffic loads
- Details on different types of pipes, such as concrete, plastic, PVC, HDPE, GRP, and metallic
- Design and project management considerations for horizontal directional drilling (HDD)
- Trenchless replacement systems, including pipe bursting and pipe removal methods
- Construction and inspection requirements for cured-in-place pipe (CIPP)
- Design and construction considerations for pipe jacking and microtunneling methods
- Quality assurance, quality control, inspection, and safety
About the Author
Mohammad Najafi, Ph.D., P.E., is an Assistant Professor, Coordinator of Construction Engineering and Management, and Director of the Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE) in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Texas at Arlington. He is Pipeline Editor of the ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering and author of McGraw-Hill's Trenchless Technology: Pipeline and Utility Design, Construction, and Renewal.