Synopses & Reviews
Incredible ways to enrich your dog's life--and be best friends forever!
Are you a shopaholic when it comes to your dog? Can't imagine traveling anywhere without taking your four-legged friend along? Well, have we got a book for you! From luxury doggie beds and dog bakeries to dog deco and doggie designer fashions, this extraordinary guide gives you the inside scoop on all the best products and services in the canine industry.
Complete with up-to-date contact information, this handy reference is chock-full of details about:
- Canine travel including escorted tours with your dog, airlines that cater to your pet, and nature excursions and camps especially for the canine companion
- How to book lodging, dining, and day care on the Internet
- Veterinarians, health insurance, and medications
- Canine services such as grooming, training, massage, aromatherapy, and animal communicators
- A range of magazines, newsletters, and newspapers devoted to dogs and their owners, covering everything from health, travel, and fashion to dog sports and shows
- Specialty items and hobby ideas, from having your dog's pawprints bronzed to learning about your canine companion's astrological sign
- Canine clubs and associations, including dog sports like Agility, Flyball, and Canine Musical Freestyle and even Dog Scouts of America
- Canine couture for you and your four-legged friend
- And much, much more!
Darlene Arden is an award-winning animal journalist, author, and winner of the prestigious Veterinary Information Network Health Education Award. She hosts her own cable show and makes frequent guest appearances on Animal Planet Radio, and nearly every syndicated radio program devoted to pets around the country. Arden writes articles for numerous publications, including Dog World, Dogs in Canada, the AKC Gazette, the New York Post, and the Boston Herald.
Owners who want to pamper their pooches without breaking the bank will find up-to-date cost-cutters on air travel, aromatherapy, art, bedding, books, clothing, clubs, day care, pharmaceuticals, psychology, soaps, spas, training, treats, veterinarians, and much more.
Comprehensive and formatted for quick reference, "Unbelievably Good Deals and Great Adventures That You Absolutely Can't Get Unless You're a Dog "highlights the businesses, including hotels, airlines, grocery stores, and websites that cater to canines at a reasonable rate.
About the Author
Darlene Arden (Farmington, MA) is an award-winning animal journalist, an author and the host of her own cable show.