Synopses & Reviews
The long-awaited national catechism by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is now available as an unabridged audio book. This audio version of the U.S. Catholic Catechism for Adults
brings to life an exciting combination of the seven basic elements that make up the print version:
- Stories of Catholics, most from the United States relating the Church's teaching to the culture of the United States;
- Clear presentations of Catholic Creed, Sacraments, Morality, and Prayer;
- Sidebars within the doctrinal sections in each chapter to help the listener explore the teaching as stated in the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church;
- Reflections on the relationship of each particular Catholic Teaching to the diverse U.S. society and culture;
- Questions for Discussion;
- A Review of points of doctrine contained in each chapter;
- A Concluding Meditation and Prayer for each chapter.
Musical accents subtly underscore the beginning of each chapter and the meditation and prayer elements, and six different readers, both men and women, including Archbishop Donald Wuerl, bring the text to life in this special presentation.
The presence of the Catholic Church in the United States reaches back to the founding days of our country through the leadership of Archbishop John Carroll, the first Catholic bishop in the United States. His story, like the stories at the start of each chapter in the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults, give us a glimpse into the lives of Catholics who lived out their faith throughout our country's history. Each chapter in the Catechism for Adults includes a story, teaching, application to U.S. culture, discussion questions, a doctrinal summary and prayer to lead the reader to a deepening faith. The Catechism for Adults is an excellent resource for preparation of catechumens in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and for ongoing catechesis of adults.
With a story, teaching, application to U.S. culture, discussion questions, a doctrinal summary and prayer in every chapter to lead listeners to a deepening faith, this audio collection is an excellent resource for preparation of catechumens in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and for ongoing catechesis of adults. 14 CDs.