Synopses & Reviews
Discover how to simplify mobile game development
Unity offers tools for developing games and this fun and friendly guide shows you how to use those tools to make mobile game development a smoother, simpler process. A trio of Unity experts reveals best practices and techniques for simplifying the difficult aspects of developing games for mobile devices. Aimed at both novice and seasoned developers, the book focuses on building apps for the iPhone and iPad and features helpful examples throughout.
- Reviews the basic Unity tools and their capabilities and explains how to develop iPhone and iPad games using these tools
- Includes a chapter on the Android conversion tool in Unity 3.0
- Addresses the Unity WYSIWIG editor as well as 2D, 3D, and tilt
- Discusses how to build efficient games that don?t drain battery life
- Shares invaluable tips on what makes a game enjoyable and successful
Simplify mobile game development with Unity Mobile Game Development For Dummies today!
What the book covers: The book will teach both novice and seasoned developers how to develop iPhone and iPad games using Unity's mobile development tools. The book will focus on building apps for the iPhone and iPad and all examples will be for the iPhone and iPad, however the book will include a chapter on the Android conversion tool in Unity 3.0.
Coverage included: - Unity 3 - Unity iPhone 1.7
- Unity WYSIWIG editor
- The Basic Unity Tools and Features
- 2D, 3D and tilt
- Occlusion culling - building efficient games that don't drain batter life - What Makes a Good Game