Synopses & Reviews
Get "Up and Running" with AutoCAD using Gindis’ combination of step-by-step instruction, examples, and insightful explanations. The emphasis from the beginning is on core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in Architecture, Engineering and Design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training or self-study, the book is written with the student in mind by a long time AutoCAD user and instructor, based on what works in the industry and the classroom.
- Strips away complexities, both real and perceived and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts.
- Explains "why" something is done, not just "how": the theory behind each concept or command is discussed prior to engaging AutoCAD, so the student has a clear idea of what they are attempting to do.
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step: what the student types in and how AutoCAD responds is spelled out in discrete and clear steps with numerous screen shots.
- Extensive supporting graphics (screen shots) and a summary with a self-test section and topic specific drawing exercises are included at the end of each chapter. Additional practice is gained through projects that the students work on as they progress through the chapters.
- Also available in a comprehensive volume that includes coverage of 3D drawing and modeling in AutoCad. ISBN for comprehensive volume is 978-0-12-375717-3
About the Author
gular and LT AutoCAD. Over 20,000+ cumulative hours of use, both 2D drafting and 3D modeling/rendering. • Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. • Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI), Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) training received
Table of Contents
Part One Beginner to Intermediate
Chapter One AutoCAD Fundamentals 1
Chapter Two AutoCAD Fundamentals 2
Chapter Three Layers, Colors, Linetypes and Properties
Chapter Four DText, MText, Style and Editing
Chapter Five Bhatch
Chapter Six Dimensions
Chapter Seven Blocks and Wblocks
Chapter Eight Polar and Rectangular Arrays, Polygon and Circle/TTR
Chapter Nine Isometric
Chapter Ten Basic Printing and Output
Part II Intermediate to Advanced
Chapter Eleven Advanced Linework
Chapter Twelve Advanced Layers
Chapter Thirteen Advanced Dimensions
Chapter Fourteen Options, Shortcuts, CUI, Design Center & Exp. Tools
Chapter Fifteen Miscellaneous Topics
Chapter Sixteen Importing and Exporting Data
Chapter Seventeen External References
Chapter Eighteen Paper Space
Chapter Nineteen Attributes
Chapter Twenty Advanced Output and Pen Settings