Synopses & Reviews
Vedic Astrology Simply Put is a colorful, fun, and simplified entry into the mysterious and captivating world of Vedic Astrology, called Jyotish in India. William R. Levacy, an astrologer with more than two decades of experience, offers beautifully rendered illustrations and text to ease your understanding of this ancient system of behavior and trend analysis. This book gives you straightforward guidance on:
• How to decipher the myths and origins of Vedic astrology
• How Vedic astrology differs from Western or Tropical astrology
• The Vedic style of interpreting the Sun, Moon, planets, houses, and signs
• How the Vedic seers used the Moon signs (called nakshatras) and other special techniques to zero in on how people behave
• How to use Ayurveda, the Science of Health; and Vastu—the Science of Space (India’s counterpart to Feng Shui)—integrated with Vedic astrology, the Science of Time
Much of the Vedic art was custom created for this book by master artists in India. There’s also a special bonus enclosed—a free CD-Rom of the popular “Parashara’s Light SE” Vedic astrology software.
About the Author
William R. Levacy holds a B.A. in literature and an M.A. in Education. He has been a practitioner of Vedic astrology or Jyotish, as it is called in India, since 1983. Bill also received a master’s degree in the Science of Creative Intelligence in 1977 from Maharishi European Research University, where he concentrated his studies on Vedic science. In 1996, Levacy was one of a very few Westerners to ever receive the prestigious Jyotish Kovid award from the Bangalore Chapter of the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences (ICAS). His two decades of experience as a business consultant in the aerospace industry contributes to the practical, yet personal nature of his readings; and is reflected in his practical work on Vedic astrology, Beneath a Vedic Sky.