Synopses & Reviews
Vegetarian Times Cookbook Live better and eat more healthfully with The Vegetarian Times Cookbook! Let the editors of Vegetarian Times, the nation's leading natural-living magazine, share their expertise in whole-foods cooking, as you learn all you need to know about vegetarianism:
- What to Have in the House: Staples and Fresh FoodsThe basics of any vegetarian kitchen
- How to Use Herbs and SpicesChoose and combine the best spices
- How to Buy and Store VegetablesSeasonal charts with pointers on choosing the freshest vegetables
- Glossary of Foods and Cooking TermsA handy reference guide
- Gearing Up: Kitchen EquipmentThe best cookware and utensils
- Cooking MethodsPreparing food to retain the most nutrients
- Preserving FoodsSpecial hints on freezing, drying, and canning
- Mail-Order Sources for Staples and Hard-to-Find Vegetarian Ingredients
- Plus 400 of the finest of Vegetarian Time's kitchen-tested recipes that cover all parts of vegetarian cuisine: Appetizers, Beverages, Soups, Salads, Main Dishes, Fast Foods and Stews, Breads, Desserts, Lunch Spreads, and Holiday Meals
Whether you are already following a vegetarian diet, or simply want to eat more healthfully, The Vegetarian Times Cookbook answers all your questions. It's an invaluable sourcebook for living and eating better.
400 recipes that explore the best in vegetarian cuisines--ethnic specialties, wholesome desserts, and quick, balanced meals
Table of Contents
One. What to Have in the House Staples and Fresh Foods.
Two. Gearing UpKitchen Equipment.
Three. Cooking Methods.
Four. Preserving Food.
Condiments and Dips.