Synopses & Reviews
Vietnam opened its doors to tourists in the late 80s and, while at first a destination frequented by backpackers and war veterans, its appeal has grown ever since. Blessed with a long coast sprinkled with casuarina-lined beaches, the country now attracts sun-lovers and surfers, with resorts and spas sprouting all along the coast.
Part of the award-winning Eyewitness series, this sumptuously illustrated guide leads readers to it all, from the floating markets of the Mekong Delta in the south to the hill towns inhabited by the Hmong minority in the north, and the best beaches to be found in between. A full chapter is dedicated to Angkor in neighboring Cambodia, with the astounding temples illustrated in glorious detail. Whether zipping around old Hanoi in a pedal-powered cyclo or dining on the exquisite local cuisine, the Eyewitness Guide to Vietnam and Angkor Wat is indispensable.
- Packed with photographs, illustrations, and maps
- Cutaways and floor plans of all the major sights
- 3-D aerial views of the city's most interesting districts
- Huge selection of hotels, restaurants, stores, and entertainment venues
- Specially devised walking tours