Synopses & Reviews
Throughout the world, the Vox Dictionaries are acclaimed as the finest Spanish and English Dictionaries published.
This new edition of the Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary is large enough to serve as the preferred reference for libraries, the office, and the home, yet compact enough for travelers and students.
Additionally, the Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary is edited to serve the needs of beginning and intermediate students--either the English-speaking student of Spanish or the Spanish-speaking student of English. This dictionary has many of the features found in higher priced dictionaries.
- An up-to-date word list gives special emphasis to everyday language, idioms, and current technical, scientific, and business terms.
- Approximately 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples.Irregular verb forms--in both Spanish and English--are presented in convenient tables.
- There is a special notation for words used only in the Western hemisphere.
- Complete grammar overviews of both Spanish and English are provided for easy reference and review.
- A special 45-page section contains more than 3,500 of the most frequently used Spanish and English idioms and expressions.
- English pronunciation is indicated in the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Useful appendices add to the dictionary's value as an all-purpose reference.
- A convenient size and format, as well as clear typography and layout, make this dictionary an excellent value.
The Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary contains more than 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples, including the latest additions to the language plus technical, scientific, and business terms. This bestselling reference includes a 45-page section of Spanish idioms and expressions.
Now in a vinyl cover for greater durability, Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary is small in stature but big on content. Beginning and intermediate students and travelers will love its portability, while home, office, and library users will appreciate its completeness. This bestselling book includes 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples, tables of irregular verbs, and the 3,500 most frequently used Spanish and English idioms and expressions.