Synopses & Reviews
Number one in the world
Numero uno en el mundo
Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary has helped speakers of Spanish and of English around the world find the right word quickly and easily. From offices in Orlando to living rooms in London and school rooms in San Juan, this comprehensive Spanish/English dictionary is the preferred choice for millions of people--in class, at home or work, or on the go.
Here you'll find:
- An up-to-date word list that gives special emphasis to everyday language, along with current technical, scientific, Internet, and environmental terms
- Approximately 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples
- Irregular verb forms--in both Spanish and English--presented in convenient tables
- Complete grammar overviews of both Spanish and English
- English pronunciation indicated in the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Useful appendices that add to the dictionary's value as an all-purpose reference
Get the Spanish reference book millions have come to trust
For the first time in 12 years, the most popular Spanish and English dictionary available in North America has been thoroughly revised and updated for todays high-schooland college students, businesspeople, and armchair linguists. More than 15,000 entries and 140 pages have been added to the dictionary, which is available in threeformats to fit your needs. And the layout itself has gotten a polish; it has been completely reset for even better legibility!
For the first time in 12 years, the most popular Spanish and English dictionary available in North America has been thoroughly revised and updated for todays high-school and college students, businesspeople, and armchair linguists.
About the Author
Tracy D. Terrell (late) Received his Ph.D. in Spanish linguistics from the University of Texas at Austin and published extensively in the areas of Spanish dialectology, specializing in the sociolinguistics of Caribbean Spanish. Professor Terrells publications on second language acquisition and on the Natural Approach are widely known in the United States and abroad.
Table of Contents
1. How to Use this Dictionary / Guía para consultar este diccionario2. Inglés-Español / English-Spanish Dictionary A-Z3. Resumen de la gramática inglesa4. Verbos irregulares5. Idioms and Expressions6. Spanish-English / Español-Inglés Dictionary7. Overview of Spanish Grammar8. Spanish Verb Tables9. Weights and Meaures10. Maps