Synopses & Reviews
Packed with handy tips and solutions to common problems, this at-a-glance sourcebook works through the basics of watercolor painting. Helpful chapters on materials and techniques plus step-by-step instructions for more than 60 exercises show how to produce stunning paintings simply and creatively. Sue Sareen explains how to confidently tackle a wide range of subjectsfrom rambling country gardens and fiery sunsets to delicate flowers and colorful fruits.
• Practice basic techniques including wet-into-wet, wet-on-dry, lifting out and color mixing
• Learn how to build a composition successfully
• Discover how to paint texture and detail without falling into common traps
• Paint effective shadows and reflections
• Conjure up the beauty of daffodils, daisies, and cornflowers