Synopses & Reviews
Weaving a Web Site
Weaving a Web Site emphasizes a hands-on approach that asks readers to participate in the design process of a web site. The book contains more than 1000 figures and 500 programming exercises designed to show readers how to translate their ideas into working web pages. Through an emphasis on the programming process, readers are shown how to develop progressively more complex web pages, while avoiding programming pitfalls and errors. Distinguishing Features:
- Includes more than 1000 figures and 200 programs encouraging reader comprehension.
- Emphasizes a hands-on approach that assumes no prior programming knowledge.
- Extensively class-tested in a wide array of web programming courses.
About the Author
Susan Anderson-Freed is a Professor of Computer Science at Illinois Wesleyan University. She has more than 20 years of teaching experience. She teaches both introductory and advanced courses on Web programming. She is the co-author of Fundamentals of Data Structures in C.
Table of Contents
I. HTML. 1. Introduction to HTML
2. Fonts, Colors, and Character Entities.
5. Links and Images.
6. Frames and Images.
7. Cascading Style Sheets.
9. Arithmetic Statements.
10. Selection Statements.
11. Iteration Statements.
12. Functions and Objects.
14. Forms and Form Elements.
15. String, RegExp, and Date Objects.
III. PERL. 16. Introduction to Perl: Web Basics and Scalars.
17. Arrays, References, Hashes, and Iteration.
18. URLencoding, Patterns, Text Fields, and Selection Statements.
19. Subroutines, Text Areas, Radio Buttons, CheckBoxes, and Select Lists.
20. Multiple Field, Forms, E-mail, Files, and CGI.pm.
IV. JAVA. 21. Introduction to Java: Applets, Primitive Data Types, and Text Fields and Areas.
22. Selection and Iteration Statements, Buttons and Arrays.
24. Colors and Fonts.
25. AWT Form Elements.
26. Mouse Events and Graphics.
27. Swing Basics.
28. Swing Form Elements.
V. APPENDICES. Appendix A: HTML Character Entities.
Appendix C: Perl Operator Precedence Hierarchy.
Appendix D: Java Operator Precedence Hierarchy.
Appendix E: The Java Character and String Classes.
Appendix F: List of Figures.
Appendix G: List of Programs.