Synopses & Reviews
- Over 60,000 entries -- covering business, computer, and scientific terms; colloquial, idiomatic, and current slang expressions; and more.
- Updated and revised biographical and geographical database -- with more than 2,000 new entries.
- Simple alphabetical listing for all entries -- including prefixes and suffixes, abbreviations, foreign words and phrases, and biographical and geographical names.
- Concise, easy-to-understand definitions -- many revised to reflect the latest research on usage and meaning.
- Precise and comprehensive pronunciation key -- designed for quick, convenient reference.
- Updated page design and layout -- modern, clear type appeals to the eye and makes for an easier-to-read reference tool.
- Complete A-to-Z preparation by the permanent lexicographical staff at Webster's New World College Dictionary -- the word pros who prepared the acclaimed Fourth College Edition.
Defining American English for more than fifty years, the New York Times bestselling Webster's New World Dictionary is revised for a new generation of wordsmiths. Updated for the first time is seven years, this perennial bestseller is sure to draw in even more readers with a new list of entries, 2000 census figures for all U.S. geographic entries, and tables that incorporate 2000 census figures and updated statistics for the top fifty cities in the world. With the addition of more than fifty words--including feng shui, smoothie, prenup, PDA, West Nile virus, and bioterrorism--Webster's New World Dictionary will be the one dictionary that students, office workers, and adults of all ages flock to again and again.
Defining American English for more than 50 years, the "New York Times" bestselling "Webster's New World Dictionary" is revised for a new generation of wordsmiths.
This new edition contains over 60,000 entries - covering business, computer, and scientific terms; colloquial, idiomatic, and current slang expressions; and much more. The updated information includes a revised biographical and geographical database with more than 2000 new entries.