Synopses & Reviews
Compiled in collaboration with a team of expert linguists, the Webster's New World concise bilingual dictionaries are the perfect choice for beginning students and advanced speakers as well.Comprehensive and authoritative, yet clear and concise, the dictionaries offer a full array of features, as well as wide-ranging coverage of current expressions. Long-standing favorites in hardcover, the dictionaries will continue to be standard references for years to come -- especially now that they are available in unabridged paperback editions.
- More than 100,000 words, giving wide-ranging coverage of current terms and expressions
- Detailed definitions so the user can understand and translate idiomatically
- Extensive examples of usage, showing how translations of words can vary according to context
- Verb tables, including irregular verbs
- Cross-references from every verb to the appropriate verb table
Webster's New World Spanish Dictionary (Concise Edition)
Webster's New World German Dictionary: German/English - English/German Concise Edition
The combination of extensive coverage and outstanding clarity, simplicity and economy makes this dictionary ideal for home, school and office use.
- Extensive Coverage?The most frequently used words in both languages are detailed, helping the user to understand and to translate idiomatically.
- Examples of Usage?Thousands of phrases show how the meanings of words can vary in different contexts.
- Special Features?Other aids include pronunciation guides comprehensive German verb tables and full treatment of English phrasal verbs.
- Webster's New World French Dictionary (Concise Edition)
- Webster's New World Italian Dictionary (Concise Edition)
- Webster's New World Spanish Dictionary (Concise Edition)
Table of Contents
How to Use the Dictionary.
The Pronunciation of German.
Adjectives and Adverbs.
Regular German Noun Endings.
Irregular German Verbs.
Irregular English Verbs.
Weights and Measures.