Synopses & Reviews
Webster's New World
Italian Dictionary Italian/English ■ English/Italian Concise Edition The combination of extensive coverage and outstanding clarity, simplicity and economy makes this dictionary ideal for home, school and office use.
- Extensive CoverageThe most frequently used words in both languages are detailed, helping the user to understand and to translate idiomatically.
- Examples of UsageThousands of phrases show how the meanings of words can vary in different contexts.
- Special FeaturesOther aids include pronunciation guides, comprehensive Italian verb tables and full treatment of English phrasal verbs.
Also available: Webster's New World
French Dictionary (Concise Edition) Webster's New World
German Dictionary (Concise Edition) Webster's New World
Spanish Dictionary (Concise Edition)
Compiled in collaboration with a team of expert linguists, the Webster's New World concise bilingual dictionaries are the perfect choice for beginning students and advanced speakers as well. Comprehensive and authoritative, yet clear and concise, the dictionaries offer a full array of features, as well as wide-ranging coverage of current expressions. Long-standing favorites in hardcover, the dictionaries will continue to be standard references for years to come -- especially now that they are available in unabridged paperback editions.
- More than 100,000 words, giving wide-ranging coverage of current terms and expressions
- Detailed definitions so the user can understand and translate idiomatically
- Extensive examples of usage, showing how translations of words can vary according to context
- Verb tables, including irregular verbs
- Cross-references from every verb to the appropriate verb table
Table of Contents
Hpw to Use the Dictionary.
Abbreviations Used in the Dictionary.