Synopses & Reviews
Vinyl-clad for a long life and small enough to be easily portable, this revised and expanded pocket French dictionary is a consistent favorite among travelers and students. This edition has been extensively updated to reflect today’s French vocabulary and usage. It includes five new sections that help with making phone calls, expressing date and time, making introductions, expressing opinions, making suggestions, and extending invitations. It also gives you access to free audio downloads with pronunciations of 25 key verbs in all conjugations.
- 28,000 words and phrasesthe everyday vocabulary you really need
- Concise translations and helpful indicators
- Broad coverage of idioms and expressions
- Models for irregular verbs
The Practical, Up-to-Date Guide for Students and Travelers
English / French - French / English
- More than 25,000 references and 33,000 translations
- Free audio downloads with pronunciations of twenty-five key verbs
- Updated content that reflects today's vocabulary and usage
- Special guide to help with everyday conversation
Table of Contents
French grammar notes.
Pronunciation of French.
English - French Dictionary.
Date and time.
Expressing you opinion.
Suggestions, invitations and desires.
Using the telephone.
French verb conjugations.
Countries and regions.
French - English Dictionary.
La date et l'heure.
Exprimer son opinion.
Les suggestions, les invitations et les désirs.