Synopses & Reviews
The trusted classic from Weight Watchers, now with a bonus section of 40 slow cooker recipes
The most trusted name in healthy lifestyle, Weight Watchers leads the way to eating well—and losing weight. Packed with 500 recipes for every occasion, this book is delicious proof that healthy eating means you don't have to give up your favorite foods. It's so easy to enjoy meals with family and friends—holidays or everyday—with these tempting recipes that both beginners and experienced cooks will love.
This newest edition has everything you'll need to cook—and eat—in a healthier way: included is a new chapter with slow cooker recipes, hundreds of tips, helpful how-to photography, sidebars filled with must-have advice, and plenty of fresh ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and beyond. An added feature: all recipes have been tagged for skill level. This book has been completely redesigned and boasts all new photography. And, of course, this revised edition includes the latest information on the popular and successful Weight Watchers program.
- Includes more than 60 gorgeous full-color recipe photos and instructive how-to images
- Features more than 500 recipes, including essential basics, breakfasts, lunches, soups and stews, vegetarian meals, baked goods, and desserts
- Now with more whole grain and vegetable dishes that help you eat healthier and stay full longer
- With a bonus section of 40 slow cooker recipes
- This completely revised edition reflects current Weight Watchers program
- Bonus section of slow cooker recipes
- More than 500 recipes featuring wholesome lean meats, whole grains, fruits, vegetables
- More than 70 full-color photos.
- Tips and sidebars throughout help busy cooks.
- POINTS values with every recipe.
- Complete nutrition with every recipe, including trans fat information.
Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
A Healthy Cook's Best Kitchen CompanionNow with 40 Bonus Slow Cooker Recipes!
At Weight Watchers, we believe that change is goodand we've made Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook even better by adding a bonus section of slow cooker recipesperfect for anyone who loves to eat and wants to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Here's a peek at what's inside:
- The original 500 delectable recipes filled with nutritious and wholesome lean meats, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables so you'll stay fuller, longer
- A new chapter with 40 easy-on-the-cook slow cooker recipes
- More than 60 beautiful color photographs including helpful how-to's, plus new photos for slow cooker recipes
- Smart ways to swap out ingredients and still create lighter meals with lots of flavor
- Must-know kitchen basics, including stocking a healthy pantry, kitchen tools, important food safety advice, and measuring pointers
- More than 100 Healthy Extra tips boasting ideas for side dishes and satisfying add-ons
- Kitchen tricks and techniques that will make you a culinary pro in no time
- Complete nutritional analysis for each recipe, including sodium and fat counts and a PointsPlus value for each recipe
About the Author
WEIGHT WATCHERS INTERNATIONAL, INC. is the world's leading provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds almost 50,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. WeightWatchers.com provides innovative, subscription weight management products over the Internet and is the leading Internet-based weight management provider in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control.
Table of Contents
Introduction · vii
1 New Basics · 3
2 Breakfasts and Brunches · 35
3 Starters and Light Meals · 55
4 Salads—Sides and Main Dishes · 83
5 Soups—Starters and Main Dishes · 105
6 Beef, Pork, and Lamb · 131
7 Poultry · 163
8 Fish and Shellfish · 195
9 Vegetarian Main Dishes · 227
10 Vegetable Sides · 255
11 Grain and Bean Sides · 283
12 Slow-Cooker Classics · 305
13 Pizzas, Calzones, and Sandwiches · 321
14 Yeast Breads, Quick Breads, and Muffins · 343
15 Cakes, Pies, and More · 367
16 Fruit and Frozen Desserts, Puddings, and Sauces · 405
Index · 425
Recipes by PointsPlus value · 434