Synopses & Reviews
- Includes very basic science facts for early elementary readers.
- Simple language patterns help emergent readers master the text.
- Format includes large color photographs, easy-to-read font, and simple interior design.
- Photographs are directly related to the text.
- Includes index and a word list.
Grades K-4 National Science Standards
- Science As Inquiry: I
- Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry
- Form questions about objects, organisms, and events in the environment
- Conduct investigations
- Physical Science: II
- Properties of objects and materials
- Objects are made of one or more materials, such as paper, wood, and metal. Objects can be described by the properties of the materials from which they are made, and those properties can be used to separate or sort a group of objects or materials.