Synopses & Reviews
- Includes very basic science facts for early elementary readers.
- Simple language patterns help emergent readers master the text.
- Format includes large color photographs, easy-to-read font, and simple interior design.
- Photographs are directly related to the text.
- Includes index and a word list.
Grades K-4 National Science Standards
- Science As Inquiry: I
- Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry
- Form questions about objects, organisms, and events in the environment
- Conduct investigations
- Physical Science: II
- Properties of objects and materials
- Objects have many observable properties, including size, weight, shape, color, temperature, and the ability to react with other substances. Those properties can be measured using tools, such as rulers, balances, and thermometers.