Synopses & Reviews
What is terror? Why are terrorists threatened by American values? Why did the U.S. not anticipate 9/11? Is terror a legitimate political response? What is the link between despots and terror? Do terrorists have an ethical code? What is jihad
? Is airport security effective?
George W. Bush calls terrorists killers whose only faith is hate. Colin Powell calls the nexus of tyrants and terror the greatest danger of our age. But where did these terrorists come from? Who are they? Why do they do what they do? This manual answers all these questions and more. A concise and fascinating guide by an expert, it is a must read for anyone who believes in security, freedom, and democracy.
- 75 key questions answered clearly and concisely
- 8 subsections including: Islamic Terror, Sponsors of Terror, The Terror Structure, Tools of Terror, Terror and America, Living with the Threat of Terror
- Summaries of vital points and practical suggestions to combat the terrorist threat
- Guide to the world's terror organizations
- Resource section including helpful websites and telephone numbers
includes bibliographical references (p. 157-158).
About the Author
Micah Halpern is a well known social and political commentator and lecturer. He writes a weekly syndicated column on foreign affairs, the Middle East, and terror. He is a frequent guest analyst on TV and radio.