Synopses & Reviews
The Windows 8.1 For Dummies
book maintains the commitment to helping readers navigate Windows while directing them through the key procedures one faces when using a Windows computer. Parts cover:Windows 8.1 Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know
- an introduction to the dual interfaces, basic mechanics, file storage, and instruction on how to get the free upgrade to Windows 8.1.Working with Programs, Apps and Files -
the basics of finding and launching apps, getting help, and printingGetting Things Done on the Internet
- instructions for connecting a Windows 8.1 device, using web and social apps, and maintaining privacyCustomizing and Upgrading Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 offers big changes to what a user can customize on the OS. This section shows how to manipulate app tiles, give Windows the look you in, set up boot-to-desktop capabilities, connect to a network, and create user accounts.Music, Photos and Movies -
Windows 8.1 offers new apps and capabilities for working with onboard and online media, all covered in this chapterHelp! -
includes guidance on how to fix common problems, interpret strange messages, move files to a new PC, and use the built-in help systemThe Part of Tens -
quick tips for avoiding common annoyances and working with Windows 8.1 on a touch device
The 4+hour DVD included with the bundle provides basic overviews and step-by-step instruction covering the essentials of Windows 8.1. core topics include Getting Started with Windows 8, Working with the Start Screen, Switching to the Desktop, Working with Programs and Apps, Getting Things Done Online, Customizing and Upgrading Windows 8, Simple Windows Networking, Managing Your Photos, Playing Music and Video, and The Part of Tens. This video includes segments covering customization and shortcuts that weren’t included in the previous edition.
A smart value — the complete book plus three hours of video training!
Windows 8.1 brings some welcome tweaks to the Windows operating system, including more ways to customize the interface and boot operations, a new start button that reveals apps, greater integration between the two interfaces, and app updates. This bargain bundle includes the complete Windows 8.1 For Dummies book plus a DVD that walks you visually through the most common Windows tasks. Whether you're just getting started with Windows or are upgrading to 8.1, you can learn everything you need to know, see how things are done, and start using Windows 8.1 with confidence.
- Includes the complete Windows 8.1 For Dummies plus three hours of video training on DVD
- Covers all the upgrades that make up Window 8.1, including new opportunities to customize the interface, the new start button, and greater integration between the two interface options
- Features complete information on using a Windows computer for those new to the system
- The DVD provides basic overviews and step-by-step instruction covering the essentials of Windows 8.1, such as getting started, using the start screen and the desktop, getting things done online, managing photos, playing music, customizing Windows, and much more
Windows 8.1 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle is a value-priced crash course for anyone wanting to understand and use Windows 8.1.