Synopses & Reviews
In-depth and comprehensive, this official Microsoft RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to plan, deploy, and administer Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2008 R2. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best-leading industry experts and members of the Microsoft Desktop Virtualization Team. Coverage includes scenarios for Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services), virtualizing roles, setting up Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RDVS), managing application compatibility, customizing and locking down the user experience, using Windows PowerShell for configuration and management, administering security features, deploying a farm, publishing resources, managing sessions, and other life cycle issues. In addition, the RESOURCE KIT CD features a fully searchable electronic version of the book, along with sample scripts, white papers, links to tools and videocasts, and other essential resources.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
About the Author
Christa Anderson is a program manager on the Remote Desktop Virtualization team. A Terminal Services MVP before she joined Microsoft, she was an internationally known writer and speaker on server-hosted computing and a senior contributing editor and columnist for Windows IT Pro Magazine.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing Remote Desktop Services
- Chapter 2: Key Architectural Concepts for Remote Desktop Services
- Chapter 3: Deploying a Single Remote Desktop Session Host Server
- Chapter 4: Deploying a Single Remote Desktop Virtualization Host Server
- Chapter 5: Managing User Data in a Remote Desktop Services Deployment
- Chapter 6: Customizing the User Experience
- Chapter 7: Molding and Securing the User Environment
- Chapter 8: Securing Remote Desktop Protocol Connections
- Chapter 9: Multi-Server Deployments
- Chapter 10: Making Remote Desktop Services Available from the Internet
- Chapter 11: Managing Remote Desktop Sessions
- Chapter 12: Licensing Remote Desktop Services
- About the Authors
- System Requirements