Synopses & Reviews
The Most Up-To-Date Guide on Windows XP Available
Get the most out of Windows XP--the most exciting upgrade to today's most popular operating system--with help from this comprehensive resource. You'll get complete details on everything from installation and configuration to performance tuning and networking with Windows XP. Learn to take full advantage of all the latest enhancements--including improved support for scanners, digital cameras, and audio devices--as well as new features that make mobile computing easier and more stable. You'll also discover how to safely shop and browse on the Internet using the advanced security and privacy features included in Windows XP. Covering both versions--Professional and Home Edition--this clearly written, thorough guide is a must-have for every Windows user.
- Install or upgrade to Windows XP easily using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
- Get details on all the new features--for both Professional and Home editions of Windows XP
- Set up your desktop, configure your mouse and keyboard, and add or remove hardware
- Connect to the Internet with dial-up, DSL, and cable Internet accounts, and share your connection with other computers
- Protect your computer using the built-in firewall
- Work with text, numbers, pictures, sound, and video with Windows Media Player 8
- Network with Windows XP--including designing a Windows-based LAN
- Learn tuning techniques to maximize performance
Get up-to-date details on installing, running, and maximizing Microsoft's new operating system. This comprehensive reference explains how to connect to the Internet, design a LAN, share drives, printers, and much more. Covering both Windows XP Home and Windows XP Business, this one-top resource also includes tips on improving performance and troubleshooting techniques.