Synopses & Reviews
- Winning Poker is one of a kind--a lushly designed guide to everyone's favorite Monday night game that explains all the basics simply and clearly. It contains complete information about how to play the most popular home games--Texas Hold 'Em, Omaha, Seven-Card Stud, Five-Card Stud, Five-Card Draw--as well as tons of insider's tips to keep players on their toes.
- In a handy format organized by subject for easy reference, Winning Poker outlines the major games an then gives all the basic rules for more outlandish versions, like Baseball (and Night Baseball), High-Low, Follow the Queen, Roll Your Own, Guts, and High/Low Chicago. Plus, various hands are fully explained and illustrated with line art so mastering plays is a snap.
- To win, you have to know more than when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. Winning Poker provides readers with hundres of tips to give everyone's game a professional edge. It teaches how to read an opponent's tells, bluff and spot a bluffer, know the numbers, analyze a game, decipher Poker slang, and much, much more!
- Poker is on fire! According to Gamble Tribune, Poker revenue at the major casinos rose 30 percent in 2003, and the number of online poker players is multiplying exponentially. One leading site, www.PartyPoker.com, has seen daily participation grow in two years from 300 to 25,000. And Poker technique and strategy books are selling like hotcakes.
- Poker has become an obsession for millions and counting. Poker programs draw some of the highest ratings on ESPN and the Travel Channel, and Bravo is gearing up for another season of its smash-hit Celebrity Poker Showdown.
- The Winning Poker deck is an ideal gift for any player andprovides what other guides don't--it's beautifully packaged, jam-packed with helpful tips, and a steal at $5.95.
Winning Poker is a lushly designed guide to everyone's favorite Monday night game. It outlines the major games--Texas Hold 'Em, Omaha, Seven-Card Stud and Five-Card Stud, Five-Card Draw--as well as more outlandish versions like Baseball (and Night Baseball), High-Low, Roll Your Own, Guts, and High/Low Chicago. It also features tons of insider's tips to keep players on their toes, including how to read an opponent's bluff and spot a bluffer, how to analyze a game, decipher poker slang, and much more.
About the Author
Angie Diamond grew up in the marshlands outside of Atlantic City and now resides in St. Louis near the banks of the Mississippi, right next to the mighty riverboat casinos.Dean Matthewson is an avid Texas Hold 'Em player who lives in Chicago, Illinois.