Synopses & Reviews
When it was first published in 1994, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
quickly became an international bestseller, and for the past fifteen years it has remained the veritable bible of women’s health. Now, in this revised and updated edition, world-renowned and much-beloved women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shares with us the latest developments and advances that will maximize our potential for living well in our bodies today. Inside you will discover
• new material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life
• why good sex (with or without a partner) is important for your health
• the spiritual and scientific principles behind healing, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others
• the truth about HPV and herpes: what every woman needs to know to protect herself and her partner
• vital information about how to dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps
• nonsurgical treatments for pelvic adhesions, infertility, and pelvic pain
• extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health
• the importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease the risk of birth defects
• how to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic
• all you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests
• life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition
• the essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is a behind-the-scenes tour of the female body, showing you how to truly thrive and flourish. Remember: Living a healthy life in a woman’s body can be downright fun—even ecstatic! And that’s good news for everyone—women, men, and their children.
A groundbreaking book on women's physical and emotional well-being, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
has become a classic, with more than 270,000 copies in print in the four years since its initial publication. Now it has been completely revised, offering the most up-to-date information available on women's health issues.
Christiane Northrup's vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.
Now Dr. Northrup brings us vital new information about the best techniques of Western medicine and the best alternative therapies, showing how to incorporate both into a complementary whole. She guides readers through the entire range of women's health problems, and offers strikingly new, positive perspectives on normal processes, such as menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause. This edition includes:
• An all-new nutrition chapter emphasizing individual dietary needs and body chemistry
• New information on improving fertility after age 35and how to cut the risk of C-section by 50 percent
• A completely updated program for menopause, including how to decide whether natural hormone replacement is right for you
• Holistic ways to prepare and heal faster if surgery is necessary
• Plus dozens of new natural treatments and a wealth of hard-to-find health care resources
Filled with dramatic case histories from the famed Women to Women health care center, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom is contemporary medicine at its best, combining new technologies with natural remedies and the miraculous healing powers within the body itself.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
About the Author
Christiane Northrup, M.D., is also the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause and Mother-Daughter Wisdom, and the host of seven public television specials. A board-certified OB/GYN and past president of the American Holistic Medical Association with more than twenty years of clinical and medical teaching experience, Dr. Northrup was a pioneer in the partnership between conventional and complementary medicine. Her work has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Today, and Good Morning America, among many others. She lives in Maine and is the mother of two adult daughters.