Synopses & Reviews
- Nine minibooks provide new and inexperienced Word users with the know-how to optimize the features of the long-anticipated release of the latest version of Word
- Valuable minibooks cover Word basics; formatting text; various editing techniques; working with letters, envelopes, and labels; adding graphics; Web publishing; advanced document features; customizing Word; and programming Word with VBA
- Offers insightful information for creating key documents such as reports, letters, business plans, and more for both the Web and print
- Helps readers take advantage of the new Word features, including advanced collaboration, a results-oriented user interface, pre-built layouts, and more
A nine-in-one reference reviews fundamentals of Word 2007 while demonstrating the word processing program's updated features and explaining how to integrate documents with other Microsoft Office applications, customize the program, post documents to the Web, add graphics, program with VBA, edit and format text, and more. Original. (Beginner)
9 books in 1 — your key to creating great documents!
Your one-stop guide to using all the features and power of Word 2007
How do I create columns? What about a mail merge? Can I write my blog in Word? And what on earth is that Ribbon thing? These and dozens of other questions about Word 2007 are answered in this handy reference! Find out how to add graphics and footnotes, create a table of contents, share Word documents, and much more.
Discover how to
- Use the new Ribbon interface
- Work with templates and themes
- Insert tables, diagrams, and clip art
- Collaborate and review documents
- Create mailings and send faxes
- Write macros
About the Author
has written enough computer books to line all the birdcages in California. His other books include PowerPoint 2007 For Dummies
, Java All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies,
and Networking For Dummies,
Although Doug has yet to win a Pulitzer Prize, he remains cautiously optimistic. He is hopeful that George Lucas will pick up the film rights to this book and suggests PowerPoint Episode 2,007: The Phantom Presentation as a working title.
Table of Contents
Book I: The Brave New Word.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Word 2007.
Chapter 2: Managing Your Documents.
Chapter 3: Working with Templates.
Chapter 4: Printing Your Documents.
Chapter 5: Help!
Book II: Editing and Text Formatting.
Chapter 1: Getting Around Your Documents.
Chapter 2: Basic Text Formatting.
Chapter 3: Working with Styles.
Chapter 4: Editing Techniques.
Chapter 5: All About AutoCorrect and AutoFormat.
Chapter 6: Spell-Checking and the Thesaurus.
Chapter 7: Working with Outlines and Master Documents.
Book III: Formatting Pages.
Chapter 1: Basic Page Formatting and Sections.
Chapter 2: Formatting Fancy Pages.
Chapter 3: Creating Lists.
Book IV: Inserting Bits and Pieces.
Chapter 1: Drawing Shapes on Your Document.
Chapter 2: Inserting Pictures and Clip Art.
Chapter 3: Creating Charts and Diagrams.
Chapter 4: Working with Tables.
Chapter 5: Inserting Fancy Text.
Chapter 6: Other Things You Can Insert in Your Documents.
Book V: Publish or Perish.
Chapter 1: Blogging with Word.
Chapter 2: Working with SharePoint.
Chapter 3: Collaborating with the Review Tab.
Book VI: Using Reference Features.
Chapter 1: Creating a Table of Contents or Table of Figures.
Chapter 2: Working with Footnotes and Endnotes.
Chapter 3: Indexing Your Masterpiece.
Chapter 4: Citations and Bibliographies.
Chapter 5: I Object! (To Tables of Authorities, That Is).
Book VII: Mailings.
Chapter 1: Creating Envelopes and Labels.
Chapter 2: Faxing and E-Mailing Documents.
Chapter 3: Using the Mail Merge Wizard.
Chapter 4: Advanced Mail Merge Tricks.
Book VIII: Customizing Word.
Chapter 1: Customizing the User Interface.
Chapter 2: Opting for Options.
Chapter 3: Working with Fields.
Chapter 4: Creating Custom Forms.
Book IX: Features for Developers.
Chapter 1: Recording and Using Macros.
Chapter 2: Programming with VBA.
Chapter 3: More Programming: Using Word’s Object Model.
Chapter 4: Creating UserForms.