Synopses & Reviews
WordPress® SEO Success
Search Engine Optimization for Your WordPress Website or Blog
Hands-on, up-to-the-minute SEO techniques specifically for WordPress users!
WordPress gives you amazingly powerful SEO tools: this hands-on guide will help you make the most of them! Written specifically for WordPress users, this guide covers all you need: built-in WordPress capabilities, third-party plugins, well-integrated web resources, and more. Whether you manage a large-scale site or a personal blog, Jacob Aull will help you integrate SEO into all you do, from strategy through optimization of existing content. New to SEO? Already do it for a living? Either way, WordPress SEO Success will help you drive the traffic you want--and the value you need!
- Build a complete SEO strategy--and a content plan that aligns with it
- Choose the best WordPress SEO tools and plugins for your needs
- Uncover quick, powerful ways to improve your site
- Identify and research keywords far more effectively
- Reflect SEO in architecture via site mapping and marketing funnels
- Sensibly manage the inevitable tradeoffs of optimization
- Improve SEO even if you’re running a free WordPress.com blog
- Leverage content themes and keyword-driven blogging techniques
- Optimize “blog-meets-website” and “multiple blogs+sites” deployments
- Strengthen your rankings by intelligently using social media
- Optimize your sites for smartphones and tablets
- Measure performance via free analytics--including mobile analytics
- Integrate organic SEO with paid advertising
- Avoid today’s worst SEO blunders
Jacob Aull, principal of Zen Fires Digital Marketing, has been in Internet marketing since the label existed. He began doing web design and branding in the late ‘90s as an agency partner. While transitioning deeper into online and search marketing, he earned an M.S. in marketing from Georgia State’s Robinson College of Business in 2009. There he customized his own degree program, executing an independent capstone thesis on social media marketing. In 2010, the university asked him to write and teach its first course on social media marketing, which he continues today. Aull edited Prentice Hall’s first social media marketing textbook, and wrote its accompanying instructor’s manual. He co-founded and chaired the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Social Media SIG, and speaks widely on social and search marketing.
For millions of WordPress website owners worldwide, search engine optimization is now utterly essential. This is the first book that teaches hands-on SEO techniques designed especially for WordPress users.
Complete, realistic, strategic, and fully hands-on, WordPress SEO Success covers a wide range of relevant techniques and technologies. Leading web marketer Jake Aull covers tools built into WordPress, third-party tools that can be added to the platform, and external tools that work especially well with WordPress. Aull carefully organizes and presents content designed to serve three different audiences: hobbyist bloggers, web designers/developers and SEO professionals. Topics covered include:
- A quick review of the absolute basics: what SEO is and why you need it
- Comparing and choosing the best WordPress SEO tools and plug-ins for your specific needs
- Building a complete content plan that works: a strategic approach
- Performing digital audits of your own site
- Define SEO strategy and objectives for new and existing WordPress sites
- Identifying and researching keywords
- Hands-on SEO execution: new builds vs. post-integration
- Architecture: sitemapping, blog-meets-website, multiple blogs+sites, marketing funnel, and more
- Improving SEO even if you're running a free WordPress.com blog
- Measuring SEO performance: an easy guide to analytics
- Using social media connections to strengthen your search presence
- Optimizing WordPress mobile sites for smart phones and tablets
- Integrating organic SEO with paid advertising, and more
About the Author
Jacob Aull has been in the Internet marketing business since such a label existed. Drawing from his BFA in graphic design from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 1994, Jake began doing web design and branding in the late 1990s as a partner in his own creative agency. While transitioning deeper into online marketing strategies, research, and search engine optimization, Jake achieved an M.S. in Marketing from Georgia State University’s Robinson College of Business in 2009. There he customized his degree program and executed an independent capstone thesis project on social media marketing. In late 2010, GSU RCB asked him to write and teach its first course on Social Media Marketing, which he continues today, bringing in real-world companies and projects for students. He was an editor for Pearson-Prentice Hall’s first Social Media Marketing textbook, and was the author for its accompanying instructor’s manual. He has been published with articles and interviews in sources such as the Atlanta Business Chronicle, OZ Magazine, renown bloggers, GSU’s The Biz Magazine, and Atlanta Business Radio X. He was a cofounder and chair for the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Social Media SIG, speaking and bringing in prominent experts for Atlanta business community seminars. He has spoken in many associations and venues on social media marketing and search engine optimization. He is president of SCAD Alumni in Atlanta and is principal of Zen Fires Digital Marketing, providing SEO and digital marketing services to a variety of eCommerce and other clients.
Table of Contents
1. What's SEO and Do I Really Need It?
2. The Search Engines, and SEO Tools
3. A Strategic SEO Upfront Content Approach
4. Hands-On SEO Execution
5. Blogger Hobbyists, and WordPress.com
6. Real-world Blogging
8. Social Media Connectivity
9. Going Mobile
10. PPC and Advertising
11. Support and Education
Appendix A: What's Next? The future of Web 3.0 and WordPress SEO