Synopses & Reviews
Your expert guide to designing and building dynamic user interfaces
Sharpen your application design and development skills using XAML—the declarative markup language used in Microsoft Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). Led by two XAML experts, you’ll learn practical ways to build rich, interactive user interfaces with data integration capabilities and support for multimedia, graphics, and animation. This hands-on guide is ideal for Microsoft .NET developers and web designers alike.
Discover how to:
- Control UI behavior and implement business logic with code-behind solutions
- Manage UI element positioning with the XAML layout system
- Use templates to customize UI elements—without affecting their functionality
- Apply different types of property and event systems in WPF and Silverlight
- Bind various kinds of data to your UI, and display them in the format you want
- Implement 2D and 3D vector graphics and animations
- Reuse control styles and properties to maintain consistency throughout your application
Sharpen your application development skills with XAML—the markup language used in Microsoft® Silverlight®, Windows® Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Windows Phone 7. Led by expert authors, you'll learn practical ways to develop rich user interfaces for a variety of web applications with XAML. This hands-on guide is complete with code examples—ideal whether you're a web designer or Microsoft .NET developer.
Discover how to:
- Work with XAML elements, attributes, and controls
- Create user interfaces with the XAML layout system
- Apply attached properties and dependency properties
- Implement XAML markup extensions, including extensions specific to WPF
- Customize the look of XAML elements with styles, and use triggers to control element behavior
- Perform data binding in XAML while exploiting the benefits and avoiding the pitfalls
- Build storyboards to create animations with XAML elements
About the Author
Mamta Dalal has over 10 years of experience in the IT industry. She is an active contributor to the .NET community and has written several articles on C#, .NET, Silverlight, and WPF on various websites. When not experimenting with technology, she likes to read and write fiction. She is also a travel enthusiast and loves fantasizing about her next trip.
Ashish Ghoda is founder and president of Technology Opinion LLC, and an accomplished author with over 14 years of experience in enterprise architecture, application development, and technical and financial management.