Synopses & Reviews
Filmed on location in India and the Maldive Islands on stunning digital video, Yoga Shakti integrates tradition and modern innovation in a powerful new learning system that evolves with the student. Viewers simply select their favorite practices from a simple-to-use "yoga menu"--filled with a rich variety of moving postures, meditations, and shavasana relaxations--and then press "play" to enjoy. To help them get started, Shiva Rea includes a complete list of suggested sequences, ranging from five-minute "tune-up sessions" to extended hour-long yoga immersions. All on one in-depth DVD, Yoga Shakti guides viewers through:
- Core techniques and progressive practices of vinyasa flow yoga, creating a foundation of strength and fluidity
- Six "Alignment Focus" tutorials for maximizing energy flow in yoga postures
- Four complete hour-long sequences including Foundation, Solar Flows I and II, and Lunar Flow I
- Short, inspirational films combining spoken word and evocative imagescapes from India
- A rich soundtrack featuring traditional Indian musicians as well as contemporary ambient and underground rhythms
With Yoga Shakti, yoga lovers of all levels are invited to infuse their home practice with joy, vitality, and spontaneity--and to release shakti, the energetic essence within.
The first user-personalized practice DVD designed to immerse practitioners in the free flow of shakti, the dynamic, creative fire of the universe. Viewers simply select their favorite practices from a Yoga Menu, then press play.