Synopses & Reviews
From the author of the bestselling classics Were Just Like You
, Only Prettier
, and Bless Your Heart, Tramp
, comes a collection of essays so funny, youll shoot cocola out of your nose. Topics include such gems as:
• Why Miss North Carolina is too nice to hate
• How Gwyneth Paltrow wants to improve your pathetic life
• Strapped for cash? Try cat whispering
• Sex every night for a year? How do you wrap that?
• Get yer Wassail on: Its carolin time
• Airlines serving up one hot mess
• Action figure Jesus
• Why Clay Aiken aint marrying your glandular daughter
• And much more!
Complete with a treasure trove of Celias genuine southern recipes, You Cant Drink All Day if You Dont Start in the Morning is sure to appeal to anyone who lives south of something.
About the Author
Celia Rivenbark is the author of the award-winning bestsellers Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank; Bless Your Heart, Tramp; and Belle Weather. Were Just Like You, Only Prettier won a Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) Book Award for nonfiction and was a finalist for the James Thurber Prize for American Humor. Born and raised in Duplin County, North Carolina, Rivenbark grew up in a small house “with a red barn out back that was populated by a couple of dozen lanky and unvaccinated cats.” She started out writing for her hometown paper. She writes a weekly, nationally syndicated humor column for the Myrtle Beach Sun News. She lives in Wilmington, North Carolina.