Synopses & Reviews
Let the trusted authors of Your Pregnancy™ Week by Week
—the book you relied on while you were pregnant—guide you through baby’s remarkable, sometimes mind-boggling first year. With easy-to-understand information at your fingertips, you’ll know what to look for and understand what’s happening. This book will provide you with the skills necessary to support and encourage baby’s growth.
Thoroughly revised and updated, Your Baby’s First Year™ Week by Week includes the latest pediatric guidelines and recommendations, plus more than 50 new topics—everything from food allergies to cord-blood banking. It also features the essential milestones of baby’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical development on a weekly basis. Valuable information includes:
- Common medical problems: what to look for and when to call baby’s pediatrician
- Bonding with baby: from baby massage to talking, what you can do to create a meaningful connection
- Feeding baby: breast milk or formula? and introducing solids
- Sleeping habits: how to improve the situation for the entire family
- Vaccination guidelines: learn about the latest recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Playing with baby: how to help develop baby’s cognitive, social and motor skills through play and with toys, many of them homemade
- Baby gear: the latest on carriers, high chairs, swings, cribs, clothing, diapers and everything else you may need
The first year of a baby's life brings extraordinary changes. During this exciting time, he'll grow from a helpless infant to an inquisitive toddler. You'll see your baby begin to make her wants and needs understood, to move around on her own and even to feed herself, if messily
Now thoroughly updated and revised, this parenting classic offers all the information you need to know about those first twelve months with baby. Included are the latest pediatric guidelines on nutrition; sleeping; and baby's social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. Chart baby's progress every week and prepare for what comes next. You'll also find the latest information on common medical issues, bonding with baby, introducing first foods, new equipment and infant gear, and why sleeping on her back continues to be so important for your little one.
The book no parent should be without, Your Baby's First Year Week by Week, will help you enjoy all those first coos, laughs, rollovers, and stands
The new edition of a classic that parents love and trust, by the authors of Your Pregnancy™ Week by Week, with millions of copies sold
About the Author
Glade B. Curtis, MD, MPH
, is board-certified by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the father of five. He lives in Utah.
Judith Schuler, MS, the mother of one son, has a masters degree in Consumer and Family Studies. She divides her time between Wyoming and Arizona.