Synopses & Reviews
An all-in-one resource to help you read, speak, and learn your first 100 words in French
This beginner's quick and easy guide is specifically designed to help you overcome one of the major obstacles to learning French: the intimidation of foreign words and difficulty in memorizing them. Whether you're learning on your own or in a class, Your First 100 Words in French will help you learn French in the same effective way that children first learn to speak their own language.
Your First 100 Words in French includes:
- A pronunciation guide that describes the sounds of French
- Eight topic chapters that group the words by theme: Around the Home * Clothes * Around Town * Countryside * Opposites * Animals * Parts of the Body * Useful Expressions
- An English definition, pronunciation, and illustration for each of the 100 words
- Tear-out flash cards to help you recognize the French words and learn their meaning and pronunciation
- Extensive games and puzzles to test your ability to read, pronounce, and understand the words in each chapter
- A round-up chapter and answer key so you can review all 100 words
This practical activity book not only gives you a great start to learning French with 100 key words but also provides helpful ways to expand your reading vocabulary.
Takes the intimidation out of learning French
Learning French can be scary to you as a beginner, especially if you have attempted once before and failed. The reasons are many: too fast a pace, an overwhelming amount of vocabulary, or problematic memorization. "Your First 100 Words in French" eliminates these obstacles by presenting the meanings and pronunciations of 100 basic words in a simple workbook format, each illustrated and transliterated so you can grasp the word without struggling.
In eight topic chapters, this workbook presents 100 basic French words appropriate for a total novice, each illustrated and transliterated. Extensive wordgames and illustrated puzzles - such as matching exercises, word searches and memory tests - then provide a way to test the learner's ability.
About the Author
Jane Wightwick is an experienced author and product developer in the field of foreign languages.