Synopses & Reviews
It's Your Money. What Happens To It Will Directly Affect The Quality Of Your Life.
"You don't want to become a story in one of my books, and you don't have to," says financial advisor Suze Orman, who goes beyond the usual financial primer to describe how to safeguard your financial future, illustrated with stories of ordinary, real-life people who faced misfortune because of naiveté, procrastination, or misinformation. So that you can avoid making similar mistakes and so you an better protect the money you have earned and saved, Orman gives you this easy-to-understand guide to eight vital areas essential for your security and well-being. With simplicity and clarity, complete with resource lists and glossary, she covers:
- Choosing and assessing financial advisors.
- Trusts, wills, gifts, joint tenancy: Which is right for you?
- Early retirement: What to do and how to avoid penalties when receiving your retirement money.
- Joint and survivor benefits: Making sure you protect those you love.
- Long-term care insurance: How to choose the right policy and what you should pay for it.
- Estate taxes and probate costs: How to avoid them.
- Durable power of attorney: How it works and why you should have one.
- Minimizing expenses and maximizing income: getting the most for your health-care money; getting the most for your life.
As featured on QVC, CNN, FOX, and more.
A selection of The Book-of-the-Month Club.
Covering such topics as investment advice, trusts vs. wills, joint tenancy and gifting, durable power of attorney for health care, long-term care insurance, and early retirement--all which need to be understood for a successful retirement--Suze Orman puts together financial advice in the friendliest, most caring, and dramatic way ever, using the stories of real people to demonstrate her points.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
About the Author
Suze Orman, Americas most recognized expert on personal finance, is also the author of Women & Money; The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke; The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life; The Road to Wealth; The Courage to Be Rich; and The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom.